Monday, March 28, 2016

Cured Patients' Personal Stories


Homeopathic remedies just sugar pills? Oh, no..... A Viet Nam Vet who formerly suffered from severe intractable PTSD relates his personal experience:

"Homeopathy helped my Combat related PTSD from Viet-Nam! I am currently 63 years old. I enlisted in the Marine Corps at age 17 and little did I know it would change my life forever. The training at Parris Island, S.C. was very stressful and difficult but nothing prepared me for what I was about to experience in Viet-nam. After training I was assigned to be an infantry soldier, some called us grunts or ground pounders. I was a replacement assigned to the Khe Sahn Combat base when I got to Viet-nam in Mar of 1968. For the four months I was  there I was subject to frequent daily rocket and mortar attacks from the NVA (north Vietnam army). Much of my anxiety, fear and hyper vigilance came from trying to stay alive, dodging incoming rockets, mortars and bullets. In June of 1968 I was shot at close range by an enemy soldier. My unit was on patrol and we were resting  after reaching the location we were assigned to.  I was startled when the enemy North Vietnamese soldier appeared at the edge of the bomb crater I was in, he was about 30-40 feet from me. When I saw him I immediately stood up and faced him with my M-16 rifle in hand, he fired his AK-47 rifle and a bullet hit my wrist, so my M-16 dropped out of my hand.  I immediately crawled to the back of the bomb crater taking cover in the high elephant grass. I was crouched and waited in fear of getting shot again. During the assault I was assisted by another marine and crawled over to the corpsman’s position. He was in a shallow depression and another wounded marine and I waited there until the firefight was over. 

After going to first aid stations in Vietnam then Japan, I eventually went to Key West Naval hospital in July of 1968. I was treated for a shattered wrist and then got medically honorably discharged in Feb. of 1969. I thought all I had was a gunshot wound but it turned out over the next 40 years I would get progressively worse due to untreated severe chronic combat related PTSD.  I worked as a computer repairman for 16 years, later other technical jobs. Eventually the stress elevated to a point in 2010 where I was having daily panic attacks, homicidal and suicidal thoughts, hyper vigilance, rages, startle response, foreshortened future, nightmares, etc. I have had some progress over the past couple years with various therapies that are very helpful; EFT, acupuncture, marital and individual counseling,  natural medications providing occasional temporary relief from free running constant anxiety that got progressively worse. Sometimes the only way I could stop the anxiety was to lock myself in my room away from everyone and everything, or to go away to a secluded area where there was minimal human contact.

When I started working with Deborah I did not know what to expect, but because I trusted her wisdom and knowledge, I went ahead with my constitutional remedy. After the second remedy I noticed a continuous ongoing reduction in my PTSD symptoms that is very significant. The remedy resolved many of my problems relating to PTSD and also some childhood trauma either directly or in conjunction with other therapies. Today I am able to focus on my wife and cats at home and my health. I can set new goals for myself and am optimistic about my future. I was never ever optimistic! I do not think about getting killed during the day and night by the enemy.  I do not worry as much as I did previously about what is going to happen next, the anticipation anxiety I had each minute of every hour. I continue to use my 12 step program with daily prayer and meditation as a guide for addiction recovery which sets me on a path of constant progress. I also used massage for PTSD that helped release stored muscle memory to relieve my chronic anxiety. I can deal more easily with situations as they come up. I am on no medications. I am at peace and can sleep at night. I thank God for my relationship with Deborah and pray this information gives hope to others seeking a solution to what may appear to be a hopeless situation." Deborah Olenev CCH RSHom (NA) , 59 Paul Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94041 US

No comments:

Post a Comment